You benefit from our 30 years of expertise.
Since our start in 1992, Chin Communications has embraced change, won multiple awards, and moved forward with the times. We’re now more relevant than ever.
What started as a Chinese translating and interpreting company 3 decades ago has now become an in-house, full-service studio. We translate, we design, we write, we subtitle we record voiceovers, we create brands, we strategize for the web, we produce, and we have fun. Through it all, we’ve tried to stay true to our promise to quality and client service. And after all these years, we’re still one of the most trusted Chinese language specialists in Australia.
Three things to thank for our success:
We’re selective with who we let in. Our team is comprised of the brightest translators and interpreters, Master-level graduates, AICD members, high-level academia, an OAM recipient, and qualified marketing & communications experts who are well-travelled, highly experienced, and fully supporting our clients. We invest in our people to nurture their personal and professional development so we can move forward together. Get to know our team.
Ours is a culture of empathy and understanding – this is what happens when one shares a space with multi-linguists, multinationals, multi-disciplinaries, multi-cultures: thoughtfulness ensues. We bring out this considered, trustworthy attitude in our work and in our relationships, and our clients appreciate being understood and listened to. This culture is driven by our values: Trust, Integrity, Care and Determination.
We work in-house and are not an agency. This means clients’ assets are secure, confidentiality is airtight, and we can maintain the highest degree of professionalism and accuracy.
We treat clients as partners, meaning we are transparent about our progress and important decisions can be made together. This allows a highly iterative process that’s able to support many moving parts in a fast-paced environment.
We are backed by technology. A rich resource bank, a dedicated database, and fluency in many software programs (and languages) allow us to work with continuity, not in isolation, leading to quick and accurate outcomes.
Looking back – it’s a pretty good view.
- We’ve won awards, many awards. Chin was the winner of Melbourne Awards 2018 Contribution to Multiculturalism by a Corporation Award;
- In 2019, Chin Communications Managing director was a finalist in the prestigious Ethnic Business Awards
- Chin’s Interpreting Team received the industry’s highest honour for its work with the ANZSOG high-level training program delivered to Chinese leaders in Simultaneous Interpreting mode over the last decade – AUSIT EXCELLENCE AWARD for Excellence in Interpreting;
- Chin was the Runner Up in the Melbourne Awards 2017 – Multiculturalism Award; as well as the 25-plus year’s recipients of the Lord Mayor’s Commendations in 2017.
- We are grateful for the recognition in winning the Business 3000+ Award in the International category in 2017 for our contribution to the city.
- Chin hosted our 25th Anniversary Gala in July 2017 to celebrates the Grand 25. The Gala event brought together 200+ leading Asians and Australians in business, government, trade and the arts, for a high profile evening of making appreciations and connections.
- We’ve taken a major step in 2017, this time to a purpose-built office which is in the centre of Melbourne. We’re all enjoying the multiple collaboration zones and a new-look office to set us up for our next 25 years!
- We’ve participated in some of the biggest and most important gatherings on earth – APEC, G20, the Olympics, UN meetings; and that’s not even the half of it.
- We’ve shared Australian arts and culture to a Chinese audience with the Australian Ballet, Australian Centre for Moving Image, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, National Gallery of Victoria, and the National Gallery of Australia.
- We’ve contributed to higher education with the Chin Communications Masters Scholarship for Mandarin-English Interpreters and Translators at Monash University since 2012
- We’ve supported the Melbourne-Tianjin sister city relationship for over two decades to facilitate a rich cultural, economic and educational exchange.
- We’re trusted by various important bodies, such as the Australian Institute of Interpreters and Translators (AUSIT), National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI), International Association of Conference Interpreters (AIIC), Australia China Business Council (ACBC), and the Chinese Interpreters and Translators Association of Australia (CITAA).