What’s in a name?
Well, nothing if your potential Chinese clients don’t understand it! You’ll be sidelined before you start because you weren’t serious or respectful and didn’t bother to translate the name to Chinese.
Worse, they might make a name up for you, which could be good or bad – but you don’t own it, so it isn’t you!
You probably put a lot of thought into your English business name and can tell us how it came about. So creating a Chinese name should follow the same process. But Chinese doesn’t work in a simple word-for-word translation; nevertheless, there is always a good solution to be found by our team.
Chin Communications has two special options to create a Chinese business name and the one you need depends on how you are planning to use the name, whether you require registration in China, and your budget.
1. Full Branding and Visual Identity Options
Granting the same time and consideration to your Chinese business name as you did to the English – an immersive Chinese naming process including market and competitor research, logo and taglines, and product names (if required); creative work including design and templates and a number of options for registration; working with your attorneys to secure the best Chinese name legally.
2. Your Chinese Business Name – Standalone
An inexpensive approach to obtaining a good Chinese name without all the bells and whistles and without the need to register it in China. The Chinese business name will:
- Look good on your business card and website
- Signal that you are serious about the China market or the local Chinese community
- Help while you test the market with your idea
- Can be incorporated into a logo design, business card and image
How to proceed – which option do you need
Talk to one of our helpful team members and tell us your story: what does your English business name mean, what do you do, and what are your goals – in particular for China.
Determine whether option 1 or 2 suits
- Provide us with digital business card, logo (if a Chinese version is needed)
- How are you going to use the name
- Let us know your deadline.
We can create:
- Business name alone
- Your business card
- Templates for brochures and ppts
- Other collateral
Encompassing your business identity to translate purpose and impact.
For a free consultation on your China marketing and design needs contact the helpful Chin Team.
Call us now on 1300 792 446 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org